Apr 13 2017 | 08:41 pm
Tourism transforms face of Nepal’s former forbidden kingdom
By Shristi Kafle Mustang: The trans-Himalayan district of Mustang was once known as the forbidden kingdom of Nepal.
Apr 02 2017 | 03:57 pm
Fare hike in Cairo metro adds to economic woes of grassroots
Cairo: Egypt has doubled Cairo metro fare amid financial difficulties and nearly 3.5 million commuters relying on Cairo’s metro everyday fumed by the move, as they already suffered sharp rise in...
Nov 18 2016 | 11:26 am
Cable car service offers escape from city life, stunning mountain vistas in Kathmandu
Kathmandu: With 4 million residents of Kathmandu struggling to find open spaces to relax and refresh inside the city, the surrounding hills are become a favorite hotspot to escape the hullaballoo.
Aug 22 2016 | 11:58 am
‘Marvellous’ Rio flames out as Super Abe takes baton
Rio: The Rio Olympics ended in a blaze of colour with an exuberant closing ceremony as Tokyo took up the baton promising to host the best Games yet in 2020.
- Tourism transforms face of Nepal’s former forbidden kingdom
- Fare hike in Cairo metro adds to economic woes of grassroots
- Cable car service offers escape from city life, stunning mountain vistas in Kathmandu
- ‘Marvellous’ Rio flames out as Super Abe takes baton
- The cheapest and most expensive US cities for tourists, read before visit!
- Pokemon No: Can a place declare the game off-limits?
- Attacks take toll on French tourism
- Tourism blow for Greek island that sheltered refugees
- Rio puts final touches on Olympics
- Hong Kong becomes world’s costliest city: Mercer
Rasuwa: Marking the second anniversary of the 2015 devastating earthquake, Nepal on Tuesday organized the International Langtang Marathon 2017.
Kathmandu: The day after Nepal was struck by a devastating earthquake, Samrat Basnet opened his doors to the wounded as hospitals overwhelmed with thousands of victims had to send away those without life-threatening injuries.
Mustang: Being one of the oldest apple producers in the remote Mustang district, 75-year-old Nar Bahadur Hirachan feels proud that his village, Marpha, produces the juiciest apples in Nepal.
Biodiversity in the mountains is a major source of sustenance for local communities By Janita Gurung and NehaBisht More than a hun...
Apr 28 2017 | 08:56 pm
Trekker missing for 47 days rescued in Nepal, friend dead
Apr 27 2017 | 09:08 pm
Tourism and other businesses still suffering 2 years after devastating quake in Nepal
Apr 26 2017 | 12:24 pm
High-altitude marathon held in Rasuwa to mark second quake anniversary
Apr 26 2017 | 12:16 pm
Two years on, the government continues to fail marginalised earthquake survivors in Nepal